Friday, October 27, 2017

Seductive Suspect by Thea Landen @goddessfish @TheaLanden




Character Interview with Veronica Campbell, 
the main character in Seductive Suspect

Tell us about your family.
I’m sure my parents loved my sister and me, but they were always kind of distant. Though Trina may drive me crazy sometimes, I consider her a good friend and I love her. We’re total opposites, however. A lot of people are surprised when they find out we’re related!

What do you do to unwind and relax?
I like to curl up with a glass of wine and either a good book or some word puzzles. Even when I get stuck trying to wrap my mind around the solution, I find the process relaxing.

Who should play you in a film?
I’ve been told I bear a resemblance to Sophia Bush, but I’m not familiar with too much of her work.

What would we find under your bed?
Neatly organized boxes. I don’t like clutter, and I prefer to maximize my storage space as much as possible.

If I came to visit early in the morning, would you impress me as being more like a chirpy bird or a grumpy bear?
A grumpy bear. Unless you brought me coffee. Then we’d be best friends.

Do your friends think you are an introvert or an extravert? Why?

They’d probably think I’m an introvert since I am a bit of a workaholic and a homebody. (And I work from home, which can be a recipe for solitude.) However, I can hold my own in social situations. I may not be the life of the party, but you won’t find me hiding in the corner, refusing to talk to anyone, either.

You just won a huge lottery, what is the first thing you'll buy?
A new place to live! My cramped apartment provides a roof over my head, but I’d love to live someplace nicer one day.


ABOUT THE BOOK

Seductive Suspect
by Thea Landen



GENRE:   erotic romance, mystery/thriller/suspense, contemporary romance

BLURB:

A murder mystery weekend goes awry when the guests start dying for real. Veronica is desperate to survive and escape, but can’t deny her growing attraction to Adam, the handsome man staying in the room next door. Can she trust his intentions, or has she wound up in the arms of a cold-blooded killer?


EXCERPT

The crisp mountain air no longer felt so cold. Heat spread over my body. His head ducked down, and he captured my mouth in a gentle kiss. Soft lips pressed against mine. I melted farther into his embrace. His tongue slid forward, and I welcomed it, reveling in his sweet taste.

I ran my hands over his shoulders and laced my fingers behind his neck. Lost in his kiss, I pretended we were two normal people surrounded by beautiful scenery, doing nothing more than succumbing to a mutual attraction in one exhilarating moment. Even if something terrible happened to me later on, I could say I chose happiness over fear.

Our kiss grew more fervent, and his grip on me tightened. I let out a small whimper when he pulled away, but he beamed at me.

“Stay with me tonight,” he said.

The edge in his voice sent a shiver through me, although my cheeks burned hot.

“Since we don’t know what tomorrow will bring, let’s be together now.”

A tremble shook my knees, and I was glad his strength supported me. Several tiny wisps of doubt flitted through the back of my mind, yet my desire for him overpowered them.

“Okay,” I said, the single word all I managed to get out.

Adam took me by the hand and led me toward his room. I floated across the balcony behind him in a dreamy haze. Once he opened the door, though, all semblances of tenderness disappeared.


AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Thea Landen lives in New York with her husband and two children. She strives to encourage creativity and passion in all those around her, and uses writing to help inspire. Though she reads and writes in nearly all genres, she has a special fondness for science fiction, fantasy, and adventure and anything that pushes the imagination beyond its usual limits. When she’s not writing, or thinking about writing, her hands and mind are occupied by either yarn crafts or role-playing games.

Author Links:

Buy Links:


GIVEAWAY

Thea Landen will be awarding a $20 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

11 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your interview, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the tour and thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting me today! I loved doing the character interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday!
    I love reading character interviews, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fun to do! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  6. What book would you like to see turned into a movie? Thanks for the giveaway. I hope that I win. Bernie W BWallace1980(at)hotmail(d0t)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished reading One of Us is Lying, a YA mystery I couldn't put down. A movie version would be fun!

      Good luck!

      Delete