Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Bottoms Up by Kate Deveaux @goddessfish @KateDeveaux

It’s not just the booze talking when Justin and Lexi explore his list of naughty drink recipes in more detail — after hours. Night after night, Lexi is drawn back to Justin’s bar for another deliciously dirty creation and another night of extreme fantasy when he shows her how to let go of her inhibitions — One tantalizing drink recipe at a time— Seems it’s definitely Bottoms Up for these two!










INTERVIEW

Hi Laurie, thank you so much for having me as your guest today. I always enjoy chatting with you! I’m excited to share my latest release with you and your readers, BOTTOMS UP. I hope it makes you look at cocktails in a whole new way! Not to mention your bartender J


Welcome Kate!!  It's always a pleasure to host you.  Thanks for stopping in as you tour the blogosphere promoting your newest achievement. Does travel play in the writing of your books?

Absolutely. I think an author’s experiences trickles into their writing and I am no exception. Many of my books are set in exotic locales or abroad and they are all based on places I have spent time — from the Bahamas to Venice — from London to Beverly Hills. I love to travel, anywhere, so hope I can entertain my readers with more exciting settlings.


Tell us about your current release.

Thank you for asking, I love to share my love of Bottoms Up as it was hands down the most fun to write. A sexy bartender and really kinky drink recipes that he and the heroine Lexi act out night after night. On the bar, behind the bar, just about anywhere these two feel like. On the pool table…I think your readers will find it a whole lot of fun and super naughty too!

Where do you research for your books?

I do research my books, everything from the locations, to career choices of the main characters, to weather, to cars or planes or boats. You name it almost everything needs some research. Even if I have spent time in a town, there is always research such as street names, weather, etc. And then of course in erotic romance there are those steamy sex scenes J. I know what I write, but plenty of hands on practical research is just plain fun, I think, don’t you?

What does your significant other and family think of your writing career?

Mr. Deveaux is very patient with my passion for writing and the amount of time it takes to have a career as a published author. The ups and downs of writing a book, the business of marketing, the euphoria of a good review and the funk of a not-so-enthusiastic review. I think the fact that what I write is pretty risqué is intriguing to him too. I’m always thinking of new plots that I often share with him. I’m sure that contributes to his patience because I think he likes being married to an erotic romance writer. It’s never boring when we’re out for dinner and I share my latest book idea with him.


Does your significant other read your stuff?

Mr. Deveaux used to read my books cover to cover, but after my first three or four books he seems to now just read sections that I talk to him about when I’m working on a book. And that fact I talk about my characters like they are friends of ours is something he’d become used to. More than once we have been talking about someone and he thought they were real people and then I had to say, “No no, that’s a character in my book!” Or we meet someone and I say, “…they would make a great character in a book someday.” He shakes his head but I see his smile.

Do your friends think you are an introvert or an extravert? Why?

They all think I’m an extrovert but I’m in fact an introvert. I cover up for my shyness by being overtly friendly and they mistake that for extravert. It’s a coping mechanism for being an introvert in what seems like an extravert world. Does anyone else feel that way? I’d love to know.



TENS LIST


What 10 things do you most enjoy?


Not having to set the alarm clock! Doesn’t happen that often but I love days when I can get up when I want, even if I don’t sleep in.

Having tea outdoors. Anytime.

Playing tennis. Good. Bad. It’s just fun to hit that ball back and forth.

Watching a really good movie. For the zillionth time.

Spending a minute, an hour, or a day with Mr. Deveaux.

Cooking for friends.

Playing hide and seek with Sassafras, my “not really a kitten anymore” cat. He’s more like a dog and will chase and play hide and seek with me and jump out and surprise me.

Planning a trip. I love the possibilities.

Plotting a new book. (It’s thrilling when the ideas all rush together).

Voting. It reminds me that women haven’t had the vote that long and it always makes me proud to cast my ballot.

ABOUT THE BOOK

Bottoms Up
by Kate Deveaux


GENRE:    Erotic Romance


BLURB:

Bottoms Up:

A bartender with a penchant for naughty drink recipes is well known for crafting the perfect concoction for his clientele. Justin meets his match when down on her luck Lexi walks into his bar and he whips up a cocktail especially for her. 

It’s not just the booze talking when Justin and Lexi explore his list of naughty drink recipes in more detail — after hours. Night after night, Lexi is drawn back to Justin’s bar for another deliciously dirty creation and another night of extreme fantasy when he shows her how to let go of her inhibitions — One tantalizing drink recipe at a time— Seems it’s definitely Bottoms Up for these two!



EXCERPT


Lexi wondered what the delicious looking drink was called but was hesitant afraid to revisit the Soul’s Kiss or worse than that Bottoms Up fiasco. But curiosity and booze tempted her. What did he deem would be the perfect drink for her? This tattooed Romeo? She snorted, aware he’d heard her when he looked up with a smirk. He must have realized she was enjoying watching him. And she was, watching him make the drink gave her a reason to observe, and yes, enjoy the view while giving into her blatant desire than to nothing more than linger there. Watching him go about his job, feeling warm and safe in ‘Bottoms Up’ with this hunk working his magic making her feel….turned on.  A feeling she hadn’t had for a very long time. Her eyes brimmed with fresh tears and she quickly looked away to avoid his gaze.

“I think I have just the drink for you…” he said, placing the drink in front of her.

“I can’t drink it if I don’t know the name,” she said, now blatantly flirting.
           
He smiled.  “I see, well you’ll just have to guess the name then. I’ll give it back to you when you’ve guessed correctly,” he said dead pan, and then pulled the drink back behind the bar.

Lexi’s jaw dropped open in disbelief. He quickly turned his attention to a drink order one of his waitresses has brought to him. Looked like a big one form the number of tumblers he was stacking on the counter behind the bar and the bottles he proficiently pulled down from the shelves above.

Lexi leaned over the bar and saw her drink sitting there. Beckoning her. Taunting her. But she looked up and saw his reflection in the mirror behind the bar and the look on his face. He shook his head.
           
“Ah..ah..ah,” he scolded. His sexy smile teased her in the reflection. “Sit back down and I’ll be with you in a moment…”







AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Kate Deveaux is a contemporary erotic romance writer and die-hard romantic. A former wedding planner, she has always been “in love” with love! Kate is currently working on several fictional stories – each filled with sexy romance, heroines who are no shrinking violets and heroes who make your heart skip a beat. She currently resides with her husband in the U.S. When Kate is not busy writing, she can be found on the tennis court –yes, there’s even ‘love’ in that game too.

SOCIAL MEDIA:




Join Kate’s Kitten’s, the official STREET TEAM of Kate Deveaux:
Amazon:

GIVEAWAY

Kate Deveaux will be awarding a $10, $25 or $50 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the tour and thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your tour. Thank you for the opportunity to win the generous contest! :) Looking forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new book and good luck on the book tour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading your interview, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent excerpt! I really enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by to say hi! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shared on G+ to help spread the word, have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete