Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Luke's Redemption by Anni Fife @goddessfish @AnniFifeAuthor









INTERVIEW

Tell us how you got started with Luke’s Redemption?
A little over a year ago, opportunities came together that allowed me to make a life-changing decision. I closed my business, cancelled my apartment lease, and packed up my city life. A month later, I arrived in a small seaside village, and began my new life…as an author. Luke’s Redemption was the first book I’d ever written, or even attempted to write. But I was able to manage my panic because my basic plot came easy. The idea had come to me a few nights before my city departure. It was around midnight. I don’t know what triggered my creative muse, but suddenly I could hear Katya’s footsteps beating a desperate rhythm down a dark road in the early hours of the morning. It was dead quiet. New Orleans was hung over from Mardi Gras. I watched her, and realized I was looking through the scope of a sniper lens. Was I her hunter or her hero? Or both? My story unfurled at such a rapid pace I spent the next hour typing manically on my iPhone. When I turned off the light, I had the beginnings of my novel. The next time I looked at it was a month later, when I sat down to write.

I wrote Luke’s Redemption for my own tastes. So if you like contemporary erotic romances with a lot of angst and some suspense; hot alpha heroes with damage; smart sassy heroines, also with some damage; and burning chemistry that drives lots of conflict, and even more heat—then why don’t you give this story a go?

Do you outline your books or just start writing?
I’m a serious plotter and planner. I write detailed outlines, and crazily, fill them with reams of dialogue. Each and every scene is planned before I start the real writing. But a weird thing happens as I progress: my characters refuse to always behave like they are supposed to. Sometimes they just stop talking before the scene is finished. Or they don’t talk at all. Instead of freaking out, I get a kick out of it. And being such a planner, I make efficient use of Cut & Paste, and plop the misbehaving piece of dialogue or section of scene, elsewhere. The spooky thing is, the change is invariably for the better!

What do you love most about writing?
I love everything! But my favorite part has to be character development. I’m psychology fundi, so I get high on fleshing out the intricacies of what makes my characters tick. I dig deep into their motives, and try to analyze their actions from their own worldview. I do my best not to bring my own perspective into contention, as I believe this distorts how a character develops. I also like editing. I used to do a lot of film editing so book editing is a natural progression for me.

What do you find the hardest things to write about?
I think writing erotic love scenes that don’t make readers cringe with embarrassment are very challenging. I liken them to filming exquisitely sensual sex scenes. In order to make them appear sexy and seductive, the director has to film a million controlled takes. And they definitely are not sexual for the actors participating in them. But when they get it right, the end result is worth every take. Likewise, to make written love scenes sexy and authentic, you have to expose your inner woman, that part of you that is most private and vulnerable. Not easy!

If you could travel back in time here on earth to any place or time. Where would you go and why?
I’d stay exactly where I am. It took me forever to find where I wanted to be, why would I want to go somewhere else?

Let’s talk FAVORITES!

Favorite ‘to die for’ food?
Pizza—with ham and mushroom and extra avocado—and a glass of red wine, or two, or three…

Favorite color?
Purple

Favorite season?
Summer. I love sunshine, light rains…but I hate WIND!

Favorite television show?
I’m currently a fan of the Chicago Triumvirate – Chicago Med, Chicago Fire and especially, Chicago PD.

Favorite movie?
Shawshank Redemption

Favorite actor?
Meryl Streep

Favorite song?
Beautiful War by Kings of Leon

Favorite ‘at-home’ comfies?
A faded pink kikoy I bought on a trip to Zanzibar with an old T that is so threadbare I continually wonder how it’s going to survive another wash…but it does.

Please share a little bit about what we can expect from you next.
I’m delighted to report that I’m nearly finished Gray’s Promise, book two in my King Security Series. (Luke’s Redemption is Book One.) It’s set in New York and Denton, Texas. Grayson Walker is Luke’s best friend, and he’s a wicked charmer. Zoey Morgan is his one-and-only. Torn apart by horrific tragedy, Gray and Zoey still carry the emotional scars fourteen years later. We follow their fraught reconciliation, and the unknown evil stalking them. Their journey is filled with pain, and a heart-wrenching beauty. And, of course, sexual chemistry so scorching it still gets me in a hot sweat when I think about it. I hope to release Gray’s Promise in July 2017.



ABOUT THE BOOK


 Luke’s Redemption
by Anni Fife



GENRE: Contemporary Erotic Romantic Suspense



BLURB:

Chased by her criminal kingpin father, Katya Dalca runs to New Orleans and straight into the arms of Luke Hunter. Sucked into the carnal world of the French Quarter, she succumbs to Luke’s potent sexuality. He not only steals her breath, he steals her heart and the only leverage she has against her father. She is left with no choice except to pick up the pieces and rebuild her life alone.

Undercover DEA agent Luke Hunter thought his newest assignment—recover a stolen flash drive to gain the trust of the Russian mob—was like any other. But his target brings him to his knees, and after one taste of her intoxicating beauty, he's in too deep. Doing his job means walking away, leaving his heart behind with nothing but a promise to reunite. It's a promise he can't keep.

When Katya's past reaches out and her world unravels, her only hope is the one man she is most vulnerable to—Luke.




EXCERPT

I snuggled deeper into the cosy bedding, lazy and heavy-limbed. Shifting slightly, warmth spread through me as the slight stickiness between my legs brought with it delicious memories of the night before. I never dreamed that I could be so wanton, so wildly desperate for one man’s touch.

And boy, did he touch! His potency evident in every aching muscle in my body.

Mmmm. Heat flickered as his musky scent infused my senses.

“Katya.”

I loved his voice. Especially when he said my name, so deep, rich like dark molasses.

“Katya!”

I forced my lids open. And drowned in sensual, male beauty. “Hi,” I purred. And it was a purr. I sounded like a sated cat. Inching a hand out from under the covers, I reached up, hungry to stroke his rough morning stubble.

He reared back as if stung.

What?

My hand hovered midair as he lowered himself to a chair that was pulled up close to the bedside.

How did that chair get there? Was he watching me sleep?

Sluggish, I looked at the window. The curtains were drawn together but didn’t quite meet. Faint light trickled in. It was barely morning. I looked back at Michale and cold started to seep in. Shit. He was fully clothed, he was even wearing his jacket. Only his hair looked out of place. He obviously couldn’t find the cord that I’d enthusiastically pulled from it like a wild woman, and now it hung loose to his shoulders. Bed-hair. Do men get bed-hair?

AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Last year, Anni Fife closed the door on a twenty-year successful career in television production, to fulfill her lifelong passion, writing. In the space of one month, she closed her business, packed up her city life and moved to a small seaside village. ‘My writing has always been constrained by client briefs,’ Anni says. ‘Now, I finally have the opportunity to write to the beat of my own heart.’ LUKE’s Redemption is Anni’s debut novel and she hopes you enjoy it as much as she loved writing it. Anni loves to spend hours walking on the beach searching for pansy shells, more hours drinking red wine with her gal posse, and the most hours writing romance novels filled with women you can relate to and men you love to dream about. She is currently working on her second novel, GRAY’s Promise.

Anni is published by The Wild Rose Press.

Join Anni’s Posse and get regular updates and Bonus Treats

Anni’s Website

Follow Anni, LIKE her Facebook Page

Join Anni on Twitter

Anni’s Amazon Author Page

EXCITING announcement. 
New Lower Price for Luke’s Redemption. NOW ONLY $2.99! 









GIVEAWAY


Anni will be awarding $25 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.



a Rafflecopter giveaway

20 comments:

  1. I'm delighted to be visiting your blog. Welcome to your readers, and if they have any more questions please send them my way. Happy reading. Anni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again on the new book and good luck on the book tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great excerpt. Definitely left me curious and wanting to read more. As far as comfies go, it has to be my light, baggy, hope-to-never-be-seen-in-public-in sweats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it Amity. So glad you stopped by. Anni xx

      Delete
  4. Love those comfy clothes!
    Great interview, blurb and excerpt
    Good luck and God's blessings
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview. Excited for your next release! Your kikoy sounds super comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Charlotte. I'm working hard to get Gray's Promise ready. Hugs for stopping by. Anni xx

      Delete
  6. I loved your story on how you started writing. That was awesome. And the excerpt is hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara. It's amazing how life can unravel, in a good way! x

      Delete
  7. What books are you looking forward to reading in 2017? Thanks for the giveaway. I hope that I win. Bernie W BWallace1980(at)hotmail(d0t)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to Ally, Joseph and Victoria for your continued support of my tour. Best, Anni xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the tour and thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Excellent interview! I really enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just stopping by to say hi! Hope you had a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed reading your interview, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shared on G+ to help spread the word, have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete